Misconfiguration of Cloud Solutions is often overlooked when companies plan Cybersecurity Strategies.
Cloud apps are typically quick and easy to sign up for so users often assume that they don’t need to worry about security because it’s handled.
This is a bad assumption because Cloud Security is a shared model.
The Provider/Vendor handles securing the back-end infrastructure. But the user/client is responsible for configuring security settings in their account.
Here are some tips to improve your Cloud Security:
• Enable visibility into your cloud infrastructure
• Restrict privileged accounts
• Put in place automated security policies
• Use a cloud security audit tool (like Microsoft Secure Score)
• Set up alerts for when configurations change
• Run regular security setting audits
• Ensure each user has their own account (no sharing of Accounts)
• Have a Cloud expert check your cloud setting
Need help improving your Cloud security? Give us a call today! Like our content? Follow us on social media to stay up to date on the latest tech news.