There are significant benefits to working from home
Computers have come a long way from the singular way they’ve ran when first introduced to the world. We are now able to use them in a multitude of ways, some of which run our businesses. The ways in which we work has also shifted. The term “going to work” isn’t always about fighting rush hour traffic and working that 9-5 in a cubicle. Work can be done pretty much anywhere with the right setup.
With the competitive work market, future employees are able to demand a dynamic work environment, such as the ability to work from home a couple days a week.
Benefits of a Remote Workforce?
- A significant reduction in overhead costs— For businesses, a remote workforce can also mean a significant reduction in overhead costs. These costs can be paying for office space, and other amenities. Having a computer and an internet connection are a great start to working from home.
- Being able to work from anywhere— Progressive companies are investing more than ever in transitioning to cloud-based solutions. These networks allow employees to connect to the network from any location with the internet. Different location, but the same experience.
- Telecommute is good for employee morale–Some companies prefer to have some remote employees as a way to reduce the overhead costs, resulting in a net loss.
A study conducted over the course of 9 months found that employees who worked from home were 13% more productive than those who worked primarily in the office.
Problems with primarily working in the office:
- Disruptive coworkers
- Meeting that take away from work time
- Sitting in a cubicle (proven to decreased productivity)
If you would like to know how we can help you get your employees set up to work from home, please contact us for more information.